Annual Church Picnic! Sunday, September 16 – 12:15 pm (after the 11 am service)
All are welcome for fun and fellowship at the Annual Church Picnic. It will be an enjoyable afternoon with music, food, games and activities for all ages. Sandwiches, beverages and hot dog station will be provided. Please bring a side dish or dessert to share. Sign-up sheet at the Welcome Center. For more information, contact Lisa Durst-Hestnar.
- Whipped Cream Pie Eating Contest
- Balloon Toss/Candy Scramble
- Face Painting/Tattoos/Moon bounce
- Photo Booth
- Scavenger Hunt/Corn Hole/Can Jam
When: Sunday, October 7 (no rain date) 2 pm by the pig races
Where: Freddy Hill Farms, 1440 Sumneytown Pike, Lansdale
Who: All JUMC families and friends!!!
Events: Hayrides, Pumpkin Picking, Pig Races, Pony Rides, Giant Slide, yummy food, ice cream and more!
There is so much to do…after the races, you can group up or enjoy some time with your family. Tickets for fall fest events are bought on-site with cash only. The Market and Mini Golf area accept credit cards. For more details, visit www.FreddyHill.com.
MLK Day of Service was a success!
Thanks to the Plumstead Christian School for coming with 90 students and 5 staff. They brought breakfast bags items for AFF, old jeans for doy toys and books for OHAAT! Thanks to the MOPS (Mother’s of Preschoolers) group who came with their children and made 60 breakfast bags with adorable cards in each! They also stayed to help with some of our other projects! Thanks to the Girl Scouts who made some crafts for Veterans and also stuffed bears for children at CHOP! Thanks to Angela and her group from Direct Choice Inc, who came a volunteered! Thanks to those from Jarrettown who came and helped with projects! Thanks to all those from Jarrettown who helped with registration, kitchen duties and leading projects!
- First responder thank you bags (fire & police)
- Teddy bears (CHOP & first responder)
- No sew blankets for One House At A Time
- Books (OHAAT – One House At A Time)
- Breakfast bags & cards (Aid for Friends)
- Veteran’s Crafts
- Nursing Home placemats (Dresher Hill Nursing & Rehab)
- Cards for Veterans
- Dog treats (SPCA & rescue organizations)
- Dog pull toys (SPCA & rescue organizations)
The Purpose of the Family Ministries Team:
The purpose of the Family Ministries team is to plan, organize and carry out activities that encourage and strengthen church family life.
- Identify needs of church members and families not met by other ministries at JUMC
- Identify activities for church members and families that will provide opportunities for fellowship
- and education, as well as strengthen and encourage family life.
- Members of the planning team are encouraged to attend and assist with programs as much as possible. Team members will meet quarterly for long-term and short-term planning of events.
If you are interested in being a part of the Family Ministry Planning Team, or have other questions, contact Jean Graber.
2017 Advent Adventures
Click below to see pictures from the picnic on September 10, 2017
Christmas Caroling 2017 at the local Estates: