FELLOWSHIP PICNICS – Please RSVP to Jean Graber Jeangraber@gmail.com You can also sign up in the Lobby. Time: 6-8pm
July 18 – Graber Home – Swimming available, Burgers & hotdogs – *Bring side dish, swim suit & towel and a lawn chair
July 25 – Diehl Home – Swimming available – *Bring a side dish, swim suit & towel and a lawn chair
August 8 – Klinger Home – *Bring a side dish & a lawn chair
August 15 – Tyree Home – Fun games Tyree style!! – *Bring a side dish and a lawn chair
picnics partially funded by Thrivent Financial
Join the JUMC group at the READING FIGHTIN PHILS!
Friday, August 24th, Game Time 7:15 – Tickets $13
We will take the church bus/carpool **Fireworks following the game
RSVP to Jean Graber at email@example.com
MLK Day of Service was a success!
Thanks to the Plumstead Christian School for coming with 90 students and 5 staff. They brought breakfast bags items for AFF, old jeans for doy toys and books for OHAAT! Thanks to the MOPS (Mother’s of Preschoolers) group who came with their children and made 60 breakfast bags with adorable cards in each! They also stayed to help with some of our other projects! Thanks to the Girl Scouts who made some crafts for Veterans and also stuffed bears for children at CHOP! Thanks to Angela and her group from Direct Choice Inc, who came a volunteered! Thanks to those from Jarrettown who came and helped with projects! Thanks to all those from Jarrettown who helped with registration, kitchen duties and leading projects!
- First responder thank you bags (fire & police)
- Teddy bears (CHOP & first responder)
- No sew blankets for One House At A Time
- Books (OHAAT – One House At A Time)
- Breakfast bags & cards (Aid for Friends)
- Veteran’s Crafts
- Nursing Home placemats (Dresher Hill Nursing & Rehab)
- Cards for Veterans
- Dog treats (SPCA & rescue organizations)
- Dog pull toys (SPCA & rescue organizations)
The Purpose of the Family Ministries Team:
The purpose of the Family Ministries team is to plan, organize and carry out activities that encourage and strengthen church family life.
- Identify needs of church members and families not met by other ministries at JUMC
- Identify activities for church members and families that will provide opportunities for fellowship
- and education, as well as strengthen and encourage family life.
- Members of the planning team are encouraged to attend and assist with programs as much as possible. Team members will meet quarterly for long-term and short-term planning of events.
If you are interested in being a part of the Family Ministry Planning Team, or have other questions, contact Jean Graber.
2017 Advent Adventures
Click below to see pictures from the picnic on September 10, 2017
Christmas Caroling 2017 at the local Estates: